There are various advantages for the retailers to going for private-label brands:
- Control over product or service pricing
- Marketing independence
- A personalized image (and higher customer loyalty)
- Higher control of production, marketing, distribution and profits
- Personalized inputs such as logos and taglines
- Changing customer preferences
These advantages provide an edge over the other brand, which help create a personalized and unique brand for retailers.
Retailers with pretty good private-label brands will be able to create better sales opportunities for themselves. They can build value and recognition from the customers.
Private-brand products allow retailers to differentiate their products from competitors’ products, and provide consumers with an alternative to other brands.